Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Jeffrey Shy's Non-theistic Episcopalian Blog

In the light of recent events at the general convention (both positive and negative) and my growing sense that the "whole darn thing" meaning the entire Christian Theistic Religion is on the verge of a collapse, I have started this blog to at least help me to put my ideas and feelings into words. I will strongly admit that I am influenced by the writings of Bishop Spong regarding the need for Christianity to "change or die." I also believe that, as a non-theistic Christian, the Spirit that will allow us to create a new and livable Christianity for the 21st Century and beyond will be found nowhere but in ourselves. I invite all comments should anyone have the great kindness to read any of my posts as I work towards trying to understand Christian Religion, particularly as a post-modern Episcopalian in new ways.

Jeffrey L. Shy
Mesa, Arizona

No comments: